University of Central Florida



Do I need an appointment for Honors Advising?

No! Just stop by BHC 107 or BHC 109. If you would like an appointment, call the front desk at (407) 823-2076 to set it up.

Do you advise students about their class schedules?

Not usually, other than how they relate to your Honors courses. For schedule planning, it is best to visit your first year advisor or an advisor in the college of your academic major(s) (and minor(s), if applicable).


Where do I go to find out when I can register for classes, add/drop classes, the withdrawal deadline and other important dates?

Click here for the academic calendar

Graduating Seniors

I am graduating with Honors soon. Do I have to fill out any forms?

Yes, please click here and follow the instructions.

If you need help filling out the form or you are not sure if you meet the requirements, stop by BHC 107 or BHC 109.

Honors Classes

Do I have to take an Honors class every semester?

No. However, if you do not take any Honors classes for 2 consecutive semesters, you will be asked to fill out an online “Graduation Plan Form” or meet with the Office of Honors Advising to discuss your future Honors course schedule.

Honors in the Major

I am doing University Honors and Honors in the Major (HIM). Can I use my HIM courses to satisfy University Honors requirements?

1 semester of Undergraduate Thesis can count for 1 Upper-Division Honors requirement. This class is the second part of the HIM sequence. Please see the Office of Research and Civic Engagement in BHC 102 for more information on how to apply for HIM.


There is a hold on myUCF that says I need “Mandatory Honors Advising”. How do I get that hold released?

Stop by BHC 109. After you are advised, you will be taken off hold.


There is a class that I really need, but it is full. Can you help me?

If the class is an Honors class, stop by BHC 109 and we can discuss the process for a possible override. However, most Honors classes are now wait list courses, so usually the best thing to do is to add (or swap) onto the wait list on myUCF.  If the class is not an Honors class, you should visit the department that offers that class (e.g., if it is a non-Honors math course, you should visit the math department).